By Victor Kanayo
Many football agent who recently sat for a scheduled FIFA examination have reportedly failed to pass.
According Mail Online, almost half of those who took FIFA’s new agent exam failed and will have to resit, or face being barred from working on transfers, with others unable to even finish it after forgetting their laptops.
The report revealed that a total of 3,800 across the world sat the first test earlier this month, with 500 taking it at London’s ExCel Arena.
Failing numbers/ Stringent conditions
Specifically, only 52 per cent of those who sat the test got the green light, with 48 per cent recording failure.
As at the time of filling this report, names haven’t been disclosed, but those who failed will have to resit on September 20, officials said.
If the agents fail again, they will be unable to work on transfers, contract negotiations or speak to clubs.
They can only carry out any football agent functions in the company of a registered agent, as from October 1.
There are further resits in May and November next year.
Examination criteria, agents’ albatross
Again, Mail Online reports that FIFA announced that 6,586 candidates registered but only 3,800 took the test.
The reason for reduced numbers was down to no-shows and non-payment of the fee – while some did turn up but forgot to bring a laptop.
The exam featured 20 questions pooled from 200.
They were generated at random for each candidate, to reduce the chances of collusion and cheating. The pass mark is 15 out of 20 (75 per cent).
Complaints from various quarters claim that the tests were highly controversial, a measure that will make them lose their businesses.
However, FIFA said the examinations are intended to improve professional standards.